Solution for a possible future arena system & some more PvP suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solution for a possible future arena system & some more PvP suggestions

Post by Conshade on Tue 14 Nov - 19:46

Greeting players of Astaroth.

Currently, there are a lot of speculations about Arenas when PvP 3 / Gold League gets released. I order for arenas to be a success, I have some suggestions that perhaps can make Arenas more viable and played.

Issue 1

The first issue I see when introducing Arena into Astaroth is the huge gear gap between players. There is without a doubt a big difference from someone in PvP 1 and someone in Full donor (which is the range of players I would assume would queue up for arena). While I do agree that for a natural progression system, having completed PvP 1, and perhaps PvP 2, is required to get PvP 3. I still think that being able to queue arenas should be possible no matter if you are a full donor, pvp 2 or pvp 1, and still make you viable to compete. (Thus making skilled players having an easier time to perhaps gear up).
Solution

1. Making a stat scaling system equally to the legion one. Your stats depends on your average item level, with perhaps a 20% difference from PvP 1 to PvP 3 / Donor.
  2. Removing custom spells / buffs from arena, making people have less hp and perhaps introduce some kind of overall stamina increase to make arenas more slowpeaced for all players.
  3. Introduce dampening, so players who are skilled can cc / outplay geared players for a while, and eventually win because of dampening.

Issue 2
The second issue is the weekly reward of arena points. Getting 10 games can even be hard at the moment, and it kind of keeps players from wanting to keep queuing because most players will just play 10 games and stop queuing.
Solution
This could be fixed by introducing arena points on wins. I have previous coded such a system and implemented it into trinity. This is just one way to implement this, and could be implemented via a core modification in Arena.cpp under the function: Arena::EndBattleground
Code:
int32 givenpoints = (25 + (0.02 * rating1));
player->ModifyArenaPoints(givenpoints);
std::string item1 = int2str(givenpoints);
pHandler.PSendSysMessage("|cFF007496You now receive %s arena points for winning an arena game!|r", item1.c_str());

Issue 3
It might be hard to find partners for arenas.
Solution

1. Solution one would be to introduce an arena partner finder Npc, where you can post in-game an advertisement for an arena partner. It would show the player searching for a partners League Score, current rating, Honor kills and perhaps a short information box from the player search. So when people need a new arena partner, they can just search in the NPC, for their partner.
  2. Introduce solo ques 3vs3, this could perhaps be a great solution to make people queue 3vs3 without having to look for a partner. It could match based on some different things like league score/item level (using the new system), class etc.

Future suggestions for PvP Improvement on Astaroth.
Suggestion one:
Introducing reputation on kill tabards. I think it would be sweet to be able to select from 4 different tabards, that gives reputation with 4 different factions. The unlocking of different reputation ranks, could unlock unique rewards, such as gear improvement, mounts, cosmetic stuff, better rewards, gems etc... the sky is the limit. This i also have coded a script for, which also consider if the players are in groups, and devide the reputation accordingly to the group size. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Suggestion two:
League score matchmaking in battlegrounds. Currently battleground teams are very random. Sometimes you end up with 5 full donors vs 5 x5-x6 geared players. Perhaps introducing a league score matchmaking system, to devide the players on the different teams, would be a great idea to future improve pvp. This would make PvP less unbalanced, as you perhaps could have 6vs4 bgs, with 4 donors and 6 less geared players, making up for the equality in gear. I am not 100% sure how to make this flawless, as some gamemode such as AB and EOTS, very much depend on the amount of players you are against.

Conshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Solution for a possible future arena system & some more PvP suggestions

Post by Darcwar on Tue 14 Nov - 20:33

Just ... wow.

While i don't think some things can be done ( like scaling syst or disable other class spells ) there are some rly good ideas there *-*

Anyway, sounds great !

PS : Not our fault if the still active members with the most msg are Fr *r*

Darcwar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leandoer on Tue 14 Nov - 21:14

I agree on every point, implementing this would be great.

Very well written!

Leandoer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conshade on Tue 14 Nov - 22:17

Darcwar wrote:Just ... wow.

While i don't think some things can be done ( like scaling syst or disable other class spells ) there are some rly good ideas there *-*

Anyway, sounds great !

PS : Not our fault if the still active members with the most msg are Fr *r*

Well from a programming standpoint, this is very much possible. However, it all comes down to what the players think, aswell as the staff.

Conshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickless on Wed 15 Nov - 10:06

Everything is possible.

Sickless
Developer
Developer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conshade on Wed 15 Nov - 14:54

Sickless wrote:Everything is possible.

Exactly Sickless, and I would gladly help to implement systems if it's too much of a hurdle for the developers.

Conshade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkwright on Wed 15 Nov - 16:48

Hello,

We are really in for your suggestions and it may come up in the future but right now we are busy with battlegrounds and would like to have that settled before looking at the arena.

Arkwright,
Gamemaster

Arkwright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top